Monday 29 September 2014

The Equalizer (film)

First 30 minutes of the movie, I could have sworn I fell asleep to the extent of snoring like a pig. However, after that 30 minutes of "What the hell is this movie about...?" dilemma, I could honestly say this is one of the best action movies I've seen so far. And I have seen a lot. You certainly wouldn't think Denzel could pull a Liam Neeson and made this movie as awesome as it was.

The equalizer is a spoiler within its own title. It's basically a movie about a mr nobody taking justice into his own hands in a kick-ass way. It's a Superhero movie without the costumes and alien invasions. Mr McCall is your Batman without the batmobile and fancy model girlfriends. The 30 minutes slow introduction was certainly worth it for what happens in the next 2 hours.

The producers I heard were the same ones who made Olympus Has Fallen (Starring Gerrard Butler). In Video Games terminology, I would say that the Gameplay is similar between the two movies. Mr McCall actually listens to the audience yelling "Kill that guy! Shoot him! Don't give him a chance! Run! Face him! Kill!" etc... He does em all without mercy. And as psychotic as this may sound, I love the part where (spoiler alert!) he kills this one dude while staring at him directly into his eyes, watching the life shuts down on the man...

Overall, there are many oohs and aahs moments during the whole movie. Not the kind of movie I'd pay to see again, but definitely recommended to you action movie lovers who wants something different that predictable cliches. An 8/10 for me...

Kick ass!
Ms Anne.


No comments:

Post a Comment