Friday 19 September 2014

Resident Evil 6 (PS3)


There are not many 2-player Action Games (or horror, thriller, whichever) out there so we kinda have limited choice. Resident Evil 6, however is awesome! I'm saying this from the point of view of someone who had never played any previous RE games before, except the one on PS 1 where you need a walkthrough to make sense of anything. RE 6 took me a total of about 20 hours of gameplay for all 3 campaigns (Chris, Leon and Jake) and I have Ada's campaign yet to complete.

Out of all the three campaigns, I have to say that Leon's was the easiest (melee mobs and more puzzles than action) but the best was Jake's. The storyline was interesting and I get to play as Sherry, the hot chick in the game. Also, the ending was cheesy and suits my crazy-romantic personality. Chris's campaign had a sad ending but well, someone has to die and certainly none's heard of Piers so we all knew what would happen to him in the end...

The terrible part of the game however was during the final chapter of Chris and Piers's campaign. The gameplay was annoying as you had to fight against time to escape a BOW accompanied by horrifying changing camera angles. I had a feeling Capcom did that on purpose just to test our patience and determination. Other than that, the controls and weapons were easy peasy... Plus, you get ammo all along your missions, so I got that good thing going for me...

I look forward to the sequel of RE. Hopefully, they would stay with the 2-players concept as playing horror games like this is better with a partner. RE 6 was a gaming experience noob gamers like me would memorably enjoy.

As in stars, I would give a 9.5/10... Good game, Capcom!

Cheers,
Ms Anne.

No comments:

Post a Comment