Friday 19 September 2014

Maze Runner (film)

Spoiler Alert...

Well this was a cool movie to watch. It's kinda like The Hunger Games. The theme is familiar, you know... typical post-apocalypse scenario... Some agency ruling the world and making experiments with teenagers etc...

Despite all the cliches and predictable who's-gonna-die-next events, I would definitely give this movie a 9/10. I think it's brilliant and full of suspense, and the choice of new faces as the cast was cool. You don't get too many "oh I know that guy from this movie" moments throughout the film.

Of course, viewers would compare the film with the novel no doubt. As for me, the movie was good reason enough to read the book. A few alterations here and there didn't really change the entire storyline unlike Harry Potter 3 (which totally ruined it for me). If you had read the book, which in my case I just started chapter 34... you would notice how they rearranged the plots making it easier to understand because let's face it, you are too lazy to read the book and just wanna rely on what the movie tells you.. 

Look out for Minho, one of the main characters in the movie. Somehow the producers managed to make an Asian dude look so macho and tough instead of the stereotype cowardly nerdish... So yeah, thumbs up for my man Minho.

Overall, this movie is billiant in its own ways. I would definitey want to watch it again, and looking forward of not hope for them to make, the next Maze Runner sequel, The Scorch Trials.

Peace,
Miss Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment