Tuesday 7 October 2014

Perfect Sisters (film)


When I saw the poster for this movie, I was kinda excited. Yes!!! A teenage horror flick... It's been a while since they produced one. Well at least that I know of. I saw the poster, I judged... I assumed it was going to be great since it starred the girl from Narnia and the girl from Signs. 

I was kinda disappointed to see the plastic face of Mira Sorvino whom I once thought was one of the most beautiful women on earth. (Romy and Michelle... At first Sight...) Acting wise, she kinda sucked. And I bet most of you wouldn't even recognize who she was. In this movie she plays the alcoholic mother of the two girls. And yes, I also found out that this movie is based on a true story. And so I waited for the "Horror" genre to start its engine.

Again I was disapointed. Scene after scene I waited for anything terrorizing, thrilling or horrifying to happen. Nothing did. It turned out to be just a normal teen flick. It made the remake Carrie 10 times better. And that is saying something. I guess the writers were too obligated to the storybook or true facts to make it dramatic or entertaining. They could have made the murder part a wee bit more gruesome than it turned out.

Okay enough nagativeness. I guess the acting was okay. The girls were sincerely acting out their sisterly love and their whodahell friends were good supporting actors. I just wish less make up were used on Beth as it hid her traditional beauty. Nevertheless, the casting were alright, minus Mira Sorvino.

Storyline wise... Hey at least I managed to finish the whole movie, making it better than Godzilla (2014) for me xD (spoiler alert) It's a movie based on the true story in Canada about two sisters who killed their mom because they wanted the insurance money and to get rid of their mom's abusive boyfriend. In the movie, they made what the girls did a decent thing because they were left with no choice but to murder her as a way out of their miserable life. But I read in reality, they were just troubled girls who hated their own mother for alcoholism and lack of responsibility. (which I think doesn't make much difference since she already behaves like a dead burden to them...) In the end they were arrested and served 10 years prison, seperately. 

What I liked about the movie is the sisterhood bonding between Beth and Sandra. It's something sisters can relate with, maybe understood deeply. They grew up together, they lived together and they got in trouble together. I just wished people would be a little bit human and let them do their time together. They were afterall underaged...

Anyways... That's all I've got to say about the movie. I give it a 5/10 rating.

Gothically,
-Ms Anne-


No comments:

Post a Comment