Monday 20 October 2014

Assassin's Creed IV : Black Flag (PS3 Game)


TOTALLY AWESOME...!!!

I was never a real AC fan, hell I didn't even know what the whole Creed was about. Never cared for, never bothered to know. Until my brother bought this one. It brought my gaming skills and actual interest to another level. A good level.

At first it seemed like the typical PS3 RPG game plays. Missions, kill, combat, climb, side missions etc... But with a purpose! It also helped that Welsh born Edward, the protagonist of the game kinda looks like Gareth Bale, so I got that working for me. 2 hours into the game and I got hitched. The missions had an objective and the story progress was damn awesome.

What made this more enjoyable is the option to take breaks between main missions to go hunting, sail, find collectibles, finish contracts, upgrade yourself or your ships and more... Also, despite the fact that you want to "blend in" with the normal people while wearing a creepy assassin hoodie, the actions were easy and various, giving you the chance to kill people with whatever artistic ways you're in the mood with. And trust me, I enjoy ninja assassinating the templar guards for no reasons at all...!

The mission for the Animus player, myself is to unravel a conspiracy between high-ranking Templars within the British and Spanish empires who, under the guise of cleaning up piracy in the Caribbean, have used their positions to locate the Sage to find some mystic device that can see through people's eyes, revealing secrets.

The  Animus story revolves around Edward Kenway who left his wife behind to be a sailor. And after getting attacked at sea, he killed the captain, Duncan Walpole as self defence and took over his life as an assassin. Little did he know the dude was a traitor and had an army, if not two waiting to pounce on him. So Edward progressed, from sailor to captain, bodyguard to assassin... made friends will cool people like Blackbeard, James Kidd (Mary) etc... Got an awesome ship, Jackdaw which I upgraded like a sir, met and killed the Sage, killed templars and won the hearts of the Assassins brotherhood through Ah Tabai, the leader that time.

And just like other AC series I read about, everyone dies. And life goes on...

Gameplay wise, the controls are as simple as any ps3 gaming experience could get. L and R analogs to move around, R1 for free run, actions buttons for random attacks... arrow buttons for changing weapons... L1 for aiming, R1 for shooting... And a whole lot more for ship combats.

So this game opened my mind to accept the AC saga, making me look forward to the next episode, Unity. If they retained the same controls and game play with a few improvements here and there, I might be reviewing this game within months.

Awesome 5 weeks spent on a game. (yes, I am a light gamer) Worth the price.

A true 9.5/10.

Assassinally, 
Ms Anne.




No comments:

Post a Comment