Sunday 7 December 2014

The Pyramid (film)

I actually watched this movie last Thursday. Just remembered to write a review before I forget about it. Okay so yeah, it was advertised as a horror flick and me, being the horror addict persuaded my boyfriend to go watch it, regardless of his reluctance towards movies like this.

Firstly, the movie is a mix of the standard unedited documentary style with some normal played cameras every now and then.

The trailer seemed good, which drew me into wanting to watch it in the first place, but trust me, the movie is NOTHING like what they trailed you.

It's been a while since they last made movies like this. Usually it's the typical "surprise" elements of supernatural beings popping up here and there making up an entire 'horror' movie. The Pyramid is full of suspense and surprises without the boom bang sound effects. And as you expect there to be mummies walking all over the tunnels, your brain fails you as the villain of the movie is not what you thought it would be.

Of course, the standard blonde girl cliche is included. The persuasive "hey let's go into the pyramid..." speech when nobody else wanted to go in, but went in anyway, and they all turned out gruesomely dead except her because she's cute and wears hot pants.

[SPOILER ALERT]

So the 'ghosts' mummies you expected turned out to be monsters. Deep under the 3 sided pyramid lay generations of sphinx cats (which makes you reconsider about having one just for the value) and a hell yeah 'literally' Anubis. I'm telling ya LITERALLY ANUBIS. Not in a mask, but the half human-half jackal himself! So he went out killing these people and letting his cats eat em. Okay enough spoilers.

This movie would make you go through your dusty old encyclopedias to read all you can about pyramids and their ancient history! I'm telling you that is exactly what I did! Although the Anubis reference was kind of unreal and fake, but the movie is worth watching.

Overall I would give this a 7.5/10. Better than Mockingly Part 1 which I am too lazy to review.

Anciently,
Ms Anne.

No comments:

Post a Comment